December 29, 2008

My New Favorite Restaurant

Every city I go to I adopt myself a favorite restaurant. This usually changes quite frequently. Huntsville, Alabama is where my parents live, and I called home for many years. I love a lot of food from Huntsville, but I have an extremely hard time pining down a "favorite restaurant". Not anymore.

Cotton Row

It's located downtown, the floor to ceiling windows open to the street making the small room feel extremely airy. Ask them to give you a tour of the wine cellar, and if you want to feel extra special rent out the wine cellar for a private party. I have never seen a restaurant staff more enthusiastic about a restaurant before in my life. For an appetizer I had the oysters, this dish was supposed to highlight their sou chief which is from New Orleans. My entree was a recommendation from the bar tender, which was the cider braised short ribs, and of course you can't skip dessert:


Peanut Butter and Jelly wrapped in Phyllo


The Chocolate Trio

The only thing that I would have changed, is that I wished the bar was slightly bigger. Small space, with lots of chairs and people. After the third grey goose and tonic I didn't seem to mind as much though...

http://www.cottonrowrestaurant.com/Home.html

4 comments:

  1. I occasionally read your lj, and am happy you now have a food devoted blog. Remember me? We went for wings twice.. at Beauregard's and Hooters.

    You seem to have become quite the cook.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. why thank you!

    its been an awfully long time since we've last spoken. what are you doing these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. and, a month and a half later....

    right now I'm in athens taking care of my sick parents. since I saw you, I finished school, moved to chicago for a year, spent a few months roaming GA/NC, moved back to chicago, met a girl, fell in love, moved to portland, OR with her, broke up with her, moved back here, moved back to chicago, then back here again. now I'm applying for ESL jobs in South Korea. :)

    Alaska, huh? I can't believe when we met we had no idea we were going to turn into hardcore foodies. let me know if you come back to huntspatch. tonight is the last night ever for Jazz Factory (my old employer)! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to leave another comment a few days ago but i guess it didnt work.
    I forgot about this.

    basically I said that I've been around (chicago, portland) and now I'm moving to S. Korea to teach english. and that blue dress is amazing.

    holla if you come to huntspatch and good luck in alaska!

    ReplyDelete