January 4, 2009

35 Days to a Healthier You

In the Whole Living Body + Soul magazine there is an article entitled '35 Days to a Healthier You'. This bounced off the page as an answer to my seasonal depression I've had going on for the past week and a half. Now let me clarify. I don't think I really have seasonal depression, I love cold weather, but here in Tuscaloosa we haven't seen the sun in several days and its been a miserable, rainy ghost town. A long story short I've been in a rut. I could sleep endlessly for days, and I have trouble just pulling myself out of bed to do simple tasks such as cleaning, and changing. My dirty clothes pile consist of underwear and pajamas.

Glancing over the requirements for the first week being a cook, its going to be a huge challenge to maintain to the steamed vegetables and rice diet. But at the same time it gives me a chance to pull out my vegitarian/buddist cookbooks.

The first week starts as a kind of "out with the old, in with the new detox". So, I'm not making any promises, but I am going to attempt this from a food and lifestyle approach and see if I can do it.

Check it out: 35 Days to a Healthier You

No comments:

Post a Comment