February 15, 2009

A Few Months Away

Due April I am moving across the country to Skagway, Alaska. There is a right way, a wrong way, and a Skagway. I wish had the precise dates so I could get my ducks in order, but that will come in suitable time. I am extremely nervous and sentimental. Everything I do in Tuscaloosa turns me into a sappy, emotional mess. I’m going to miss this place. I may return, I never know where this giant mysterious universe will take me. Anyways, I’m going to be working at The Red Onion Saloon, which used to be Skagway’s most exclusive bordello. Rumor has it that Jack London wrote several pages of his novels in the building. The building was built in 1897 by Captain William Moore, the founder of Skagway and opened for business in 1898. If anyone knows anything about me I am drawl to anything having to with gold and silver mining since I grew up near the ghost town Calico. I also have a fascination with sailors and the ports of call. So here goes nothing, I am looking forward to six months of adventure.



In the meantime Tuscaloosa will turn into my playground and I will enjoy the company of everything and everyone here. Man, I am sure going to miss a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment